Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Digital Citizenship and Creative Commons

Digital citizenship is a guideline that allows users to affectively utilize the internet safely. Learning this idea and spreading it to classmates and teachers throughout the school was a wonderful experience. On our digital citizenship website we have video footage of teachers and students we interviewed who previously were clueless about their digital citizenship. By creating a whole website for anyone to view can create awareness throughout the globe. As our class viewed Google analytics we discover that not only is our website being viewed in massachusetts but also in other states and other countries like australia, New Zealand, and even Turkey. Through being involved in research and classwork I discovered for myself many things about my digital citizenship I never knew before. Our web 2.0 class also researched about creative commons and how copyright laws work. Something ironic about that is that Youtube told the period 3 web 2.0 class that the song they put in the background for their digital citizenship video was copyrighted and that they said the video should be changed. In teaching other people about creative commons we learned even more about it. I found that I've learned more in this class that will actually help me for my future than any other course so far this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment